A basic black dress is something we all own and probably keeps it reserved for the basic evenings where we don’t want to put too many efforts in thinking what to wear. As they say Black is the safest option. And what would be your thoughts on wearing that Evening staple black dress on a weekend outing. Please raise your hands who all just snapped a big No.
Also all of us are aware how trending the striped bottoms are right now but styling them can get a lil tricky.
I collaborated with the lovely Himani Jadeja for this styling session. We’ll take you through to how we styled my black shift dress and Himani’s striped bottoms first for a casual day outing and then transforming the outfits in no time for a decked up evening.
Look 1 – Casual
Paired the outfits with a Denim shirt, white sneakers and a green pop, which came at the last minute but we loved every bit of it. Mine was through the scarf and Himani’s was with a Green tote. We tied the shirts in front knots which made our outfits a lot cooler than what they were looking without them.
Look 2 – Chic
Black combined with Gold is my aesthetics and I absolutely love how Chic and Party ready they look when mixed together. Here we added a bit of Gold to our outfits along with some heels to become party ready within no time.
Let us know which look is more like your way of styling the outfits.
Yellow somehow has this effect on me that whenever I wear it I end up having quiet a vibrant & lively day. It brightens up my face like anything. So when I saw this little yellow dress at Bershka, I knew it needed to enter my wardrobe. The cold shoulders and ruffle sleeves made it mandatory that I shouldn’t let it go at any cost. Ya I kno but I am senti about clothes I own and the food that I eat, that’s why I have named that category as soul food.
However, I got to know that only a size smaller than mine (at that time) was available, guess what, I still bought it cos I knew I anyway need to lose the unwanted kilos I had gained cos of some medical issues and endless binging in the recovery time. Somehow I never feel guilty about binging or about exercising later on cos they both are equally important in each of the situation. That’s how I find a balance between eating out, enjoying and then working it off as I get time.
Is it becoming a fitness blog, cos it had to be Fashion. But never mind as It only glorifies what I always say, Mix Fashion Food and Fitness on fleek.
Going back to the story of this perfect little yellow dress finally entering my wardrobe and then getting a chance to be see the outside world as I became its size gradually in last two months. I chose to spirit up our weekend when we headed out to a lunch date. I paired it with the tan booties and as soon as I did that I just could not resist picking up that poor hat lying around in that corner screaming to be used sometime. So now it was turning into a vivacious cowboy look Lol. My fav tassel earrings and oversized glasses and we were ready for a fun filled outing.
Hope you all like it too. I’m definitely going to style it in another way as well cos that’s something I really enjoy doing. Let me know how you would want to style it.
Yellow Dress: Bershka
Ankle boots: Pull & Bear
I am an absolute fan of styling a single outfit in many ways.. It just interests me like a big tub of Churros :D
My hubster got me this cool Shirt dress, in stripes and in pastels (So on point, I am proud of him) from his boys trip (Haha, his bag was loaded with gifts for me). It is just the perfect chill dress ever, made of pure cotton fabric, very comfortable fitting and trendy in all the possible ways.
Styled it Two ways for a perfect Weekend outing and for an urgent visit to work with minimal efforts.
Look 1: Cute Casual
The dress paired with my staple white sneakers and a denim baseball cap with sequins patterned to spell HOPE gave me just the perfect vibes and comfort weekends are meant for. Introduced a pop of mustard with the sling bag.
Look2: Smart Casual
Hair up in a neat ponytail and an absolute stunner of a color blazer with those strappy heels made me ready for a quick visit to office. Added a watch and pearl earrings to finish the look. Don’t forget to change the sling with a textured handbag.
Let me know how did you like the looks and the mustard color pop in both of them :D
Yesterday it rained a bit and you can easily call it the last pleasant evening, cos it is the official onset of the scorching summers.. and when we say Change of Season, it directly implies to revamping and building your wardrobe to match it (No the ones already stored in other cupboards don’t count LOL)
Now that we have come to terms that the next step IS going to be SHOPPING (were we even considering any other option) then let me be your shopping buddy as I have curated a wishlist of some summer looks that will be trending this season from Sheinofficial
I am sure there will be something for everyone and I just cant deny the absolute affordable options from Shein.com. Go check them all out.
1. Pretty Pastels: Let those soothing sorbet hues dominate your wardrobe this season and No! Pastels don’t just mean pretty & safe, you can very well make a Statement by pairing them with other trending fabrics like denims, feathers, sheer and so on.
SHEIN Self Belt Keyhole Back Solid Top
SHEIN Flounce Deep V Neck Blouse
SHEIN Flower Applique Off Shoulder Bodysuit
Pearl Beading Puff Sleeve Chiffon Blouse
SHEIN Cutout Yoke Lace Trim Top (I cannot stop – can you see how pretty are these all)
2. Flowy Maxi dresses: The breezy summery vibes that a printed Maxi dress can bring to your weekend outing is unmatched. Play with prints and colours from florals to checks to ruffles and puffs.
Palm Leaf Print Maxi Dress
Faux Pearl Detail Florals Cami Dress
Surplice Neckline Florals Self Tie Chiffon Dress
SHEIN Smocked Waist Tassel Tie Button Up Botanical Dress
SHEIN Self Belt Ruffle Waist High Split Skirt – Same vibes and can be styled in so many ways
3. Tear away Track Pants: Yes they are back and How. When you are trying to style the ‘90s sportswear trend, try to keep the top in the same color scheme or at least in a solid color. Don’t mix more eye catchy patterns like fringe feathers or ruffles for the top. Let your legs take the attention.
SHEIN Striped Tape Split Side Pants
SHEIN Contrast Tape Side Plaid Pants – A modest and chic way to sport the track pants trend.
4. Ruffles, Frills & Twists: Yes, don’t mix them with tear away pants but for sure rock this trend on its own and in all of its glory.
SHEIN Frill Detail Self Belted Dress
SHE IN Twisted Crop Tops
https://bit.ly/2EFKotY (With pearl detail)
SHEIN Pleated Ruffle Sleeve Dolphin Hem Top
SHEIN Flower Embroidered Mesh Overlay 2 In 1 Peplum Top
Textured Dot Ruffle Crop Top With Split Skirt
5. Stripes and Checks: The most basic and the most stable and yes the most edgy of them all.
SHEIN Layered One Shoulder Asymmetric Gingham Peplum Top
SHEIN Ruffle Waist Striped Wide Leg Pants
SHEIN Keyhole Back Grid Crop Top And Zip Up Skirt Set
6. Sequins: It can get a lil tough to sport a all sequin look in summers but try to carry a lil bit of them on your crop tops with distressed denims and voila you are fashionable and Summer ready both.
Contrast Sequin Ringer Tee
SHEIN Embroidered Sequin Detail T-shirt
Contrast Sequin T-shirt
7. Play with the sleeves: The comfy and pretty bell sleeves trend is still here with lot more variations to choose from. Puff sleeves and Flutter sleeves are going to be BIG. Stock on ‘em. And I am particulary a fan of how a simple puff sleeve on a solid colour top makes for a chic Formal outfit too.
SHEIN Puff Sleeve Rib Knit Tee
SHEIN Puff Sleeve Rib Knit T-shirt – Another option in shorter sleeves
Contrast Lace Bishop Sleeve Gingham Shirt
8. Fringe and Feather it: Considering that we are not the Runway models I understand that one cannot go all out in trying these trends but a lil fringe & feather here and there can serve the purpose very well.
Florals Fringe Hem Kimono
SHEIN Fringe Embellished Solid Tee
SHEIN Faux Feather Detail Sheer Top – Another option with feather detail
SHEIN Allover Fringe Top
9. Plastic: Plastic seems to be big on trend too, though couldn’t find the wearable options from the same trend, will surely update in case I get my eyes on something which is easier to carry in routine lives setting.
I have put the links of my Favorite picks for each of the trends (Couldn't put all the pictures as there were so many of them).. But you can check all that out, as all it will take is a click and we ll be ready to rock the summers. I would absolutely love to see you wearing one of my choices so don’t forget to tag me whenever you flaunt it on any of your social handles.
Much Love. Happy Summers.