*This is a sponsored post*
Once you step up in your family game, there is a tiny passenger with you in your car who just cannot sit at the same place for more than 2 seconds. So how do you make your car trips smoother and hassle free. Hang on as I share some essentials for making your life a little easier. The list is compiled after I realized and learned from every car trip and kept on adding and stocking on it.
1. Car Seat: So the first and foremost is the security of the baby. A correct car seat can save your baby’s life in case of accidents. Make sure that the baby who is younger than 13 years is always seated at the back seat. Car seats can either be attached with the car seat belt or its own latch system.
2. Child Lock: For the toddlers who are ready to explore the world with their tiny hands, pulling the lock comes naturally. So it is Imperative that the Child Safety Lock is activated in your Car. Child lock can be turned on via a small switch on the edge of the door and prevents the toddler to open the door while the car is moving or stationery.
3. Keep ‘em Busy: Now when the security part is done and your Car is baby proofed, lets address the attention seeker besides you. Keep them engaged in Munching, outside views or music (Mine loves music so this generally works for me). Stock up on healthy mess-free finger foods like Banana, Cucumber or Avocado. Some chips and candies when they are just not interested in anything but crying. Bribe them. LOL
4. Car Perfumes: Stock up on some car perfumes to get off those food odors or poop odors if you are not lucky.
5. Baby Wipes, Diapers and Sanitizer: Now when poop has come into the discussion, lets give Baby wipes, Diapers and Sanitizers their much deserved importance.
6. Bib and Extra change: Be ready for the unforeseen spillage or mess. Keep one or two garbage bags in your car in case you want to dispose off the mess or poop diapers.
7. Shoes off the seat: Toddlers cannot sit like adults especially when they are not in their car seat, they ll jump their heart out on your Car seat, yes you read that right. As you cannot do much about their jumping, make sure to save your car seat covers by removing their shoes before they step on it.
8. Don’t forget their Water Sipper and Milk Bottle in case the drive is going to be within their nap time.
These are small little things but in absence of them, when they are needed, life does become tough for those 10-15 minutes. Don’t let these little things mar the fun of road trips with your little bundle of joy. Invest 5 minutes prior to every car trip and enjoy the fuss free times.
We as a family love our car moments. Lately, have been thinking about changing our car and are looking for options. Came across @cars.com website and it’s a blessing when you are confused between finalizing two cars as the Research section has a wide range of Reviews, Specifications to do side by side comparisons. Do check it out in case you want any information about Cars or want to buy or sell your car.
Though we are still confused whether to go for an SUV this time or stick to the ever so comfortable Sedan given that we will always have a Baby On Board.